SL vs BAN – In this article, I will be giving you the Predicted Lineups, Team News, Match Tips & the Best Dream11 Combination for the 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup match between Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
Support Fantasy Scout 11: Click Here to Donate.
Bangladesh: Tamim Iqbal, Soumya Sarkar, Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), Sabbir Rahman, Mahmudullah, Mosaddek Hossain, Mohammad Saifuddin, Mehidy Hasan, Mashrafe Mortaza (c), Mustafizur Rahman.
Sri Lanka: Dimuth Karunaratne (c), Kusal Perera (wk), Lahiru Thirimanne, Kusal Mendis, Angelo Mathews, Dhananjaya de Silva, Thisara Perera, Jeevan Mendis, Isuru Udana, Suranga Lakmal, Lasith Malinga.
- The big team news before the match is that Bangladesh star Shakib al-Hasan is a doubt for the match against Sri Lanka. He suffered a thigh strain in practice is 50-50 for Tuesday’s match.
- Nuwan Pradeep suffered a finger dislocation and is ruled out of the match against Bangladesh. With no seamer to replace him in the Sri Lankan squad, Jeevan Mendis may come into the starting XI.
- Mohammad Saifuddin had a terrible match against England. With conditions likely to suit the quicker bowlers, the feisty Rubel Hossain may come in for him.
- Mohammad Mithun’s place is also under threat after underwhelming performances with the bat. He may be replaced by Liton Das or Sabbir Rahman in the starting XI.
- Rain is very likely to disrupt tomorrow’s match with the forecast of a downpour standing at 90%.
- Given the conditions, both teams are likely to load up on the fast bowlers in their starting lineups.
- Matches at the Bristol Ground have been low scoring so far in this tournament.
- The nature of the pitch is likely to be dictated by the overhead conditions.
Head to Head (World Cup):
Matches: 3; Sri Lanka wins: 3; Bangladesh wins: 0
- Both teams head into this match with just one win under their belt so far this World Cup.
- Since the 2015 World Cup, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka have won 3 matches each against each other.
- Sri Lanka has won just 5 of their previous 22 ODI fixtures.
- The match may not get 100 overs given the rainy conditions.
- Picking the quick bowlers who operate early on may be a good strategy for this match.
- Toss will be crucial in this match. When the match is shortened, the team chasing always has an advantage because they have a definitive target to chase.
- My Prediction: The team batting 2nd has a great chance of winning tomorrow’s match.
Best Dream11 Combination 1 (With Shakib):
Best Dream11 Combination 2 (Without Shakib):
Follow me on Twitter at – @FantasyScout_11
Check out the Match Preview on my Youtube Channel here – Fantasy Scout11