PAK vs SL – In this article, I will be giving you the Predicted Lineups, Team News & the Best Dream11 Combinations for the 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup match between Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
Support Fantasy Scout 11: Click Here to Donate.
Pakistan: Imam-ul-Haq, Fakhar Zaman, Babar Azam, Mohammad Hafeez, Sarfaraz Ahmed (c & wk), Asif Ali, Shoaib Malik, Wahab Riaz, Hasan Ali, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Amir.
Sri Lanka: Dimuth Karunaratne (c), Kusal Perera (wk), Avishka Fernando/Lahiru Thirimanne, Kusal Mendis, Angelo Mathews, Dhananjaya de Silva, Thisara Perera, Isuru Udana, Jeevan Mendis/Suranga Lakmal, Lasith Malinga, Nuwan Pradeep.
- Both Sri Lanka and Pakistan are not expected to make many changes to their winning combination.
- Nuwan Pradeep is expected to retain his place in the starting XI after producing a man of the match performance against Afghanistan.
- A good performance from the Sri Lankan pacers may increase their chances of being picked in the IPL 2020 auction. The IPL 2020 schedule pdf can be found here.
- Imad Wasim was left out of the previous match with Shoaib Malik and Mohammad Hafeez filling in for him. Expect the same to continue in this match as well.
- Lahiru Thiramanne has failed in both his innings so far in the tournament. The explosive Avishka Fernando may replace him in the starting XI. Jeevan Mendis may replace Suranga Lakmal to bolster the middle order.
- The weather throughout the day is expected to be cloudy with a VERY HIGH chance of rain.
- Heavy cloud cover may result in some assistance for the seamers with the new ball.
- The Bristol pitch is generally very helpful for the batsmen. West Indies scored 421 against New Zealand in a warm-up match on this ground 10 days ago.
- Pakistan have a terrific record against Sri Lanka in World Cups – they have won all 7 of their clashes against the Islanders in the tournament over the past 30 years.
- Sri Lanka have struggled to put runs on the board in this World Cup so far. Their middle order struggled to get into any sort of rhythm against New Zealand and Afghanistan.
- If Pakistan can get get the two openers out early, Sri Lanka’s batting may crumble under pressure.
- However, Pakistan are the most unpredictable team in world cricket. So expect the unexpected from them.
- My Prediction: Not likely to be a very high-scoring match with bowlers generally doing well in this tournament. Pakistan are likely to continue their winning streak against the Lankans.
Pakistan has never lost to Sri Lanka in an ODI World Cup game. 7 matches, 7 wins!
— Israr Ahmed Hashmi (@IamIsrarHashmi) June 6, 2019
Captain and Vice-Captain Picks:
- Babar Azam
- Mohammad Amir
- Karunaratne/Kusal Perera
- Lasith Malinga
- Imam ul-Haq/Mohammad Hafeez
Best Dream11 Combination 1 (Small Risk):
Best Dream11 Combination 2 (Medium Risk):
Follow me on Twitter at – @FantasyScout_11
Check out the Match Preview on my Youtube Channel here – Fantasy Scout11