NOP vs TOR – In this article, I will be giving you the Probable Lineups, Team News, Fantasy Tips & the Best Dream11 Combination of the NBA match between the Toronto Raptors and the New Orleans Pelicans.
The new NBA campaign goes live from tomorrow when the defending champions Toronto Raptors take on New Orleans Pelicans in Toronto.
Join our Telegram Channel: Click Here to Join
Date & Venue:
Date: 23rd-OCT-2019, 05:30 AM IST
Location: Scotiabank Arena, Toronto, Canada
Support Fantasy Scout 11: Click Here to Donate
New Orleans Pelicans:
New Orleans were ranked 13th last season in the Western Conference with a 33-49 record and missed the berth for playoffs yet again. They had a good start last season but couldn’t capitalize on that. They will be hoping to start strong this season too.
Toronto Raptors had one of the best seasons in their NBA history. They finished second in the Eastern Conference with a record of 58-24 and went on to win the NBA finals for the first time. They defeated Golden State Warriors in 6 games to lift the trophy. They will be looking to continue their prolific run.
Raptors have a better record against Pelicans having won 7 out of their last 8 matches.
Both teams won their away games against each other.
09 Mar 19: New Orleans 104-127 Toronto
13 Nov 18: Toronto 110-126 New Orleans
Pelicans have won all their matches and look forward to continuing their run. Raptors have won 2 and lost 2 during their pre-season.
Both teams have undergone changes with respect to their squad and it will be interesting to see how they perform.
- Zion Williamson is injured and will have to wait for upto 2 weeks to recover. It will be interesting to see how the rookie of the year and the first draft plays his role this season for the Pelicans.
- Star player Anthony Davis has moved to Lakers. In turn, Pelicans acquired Lonzo Ball, Josh Hart and Brandon Ingram.
- Jrue Holiday is expected to roll again. Holiday averaged 21.2 PPG and 7.8 APG last season.
- JJ Redick will play his trades as a shooting guard and will be a good pick in the team.
- Lanzo Ball was hailed a big talent when he was drafted for Lakers but he did not perform up to his potential. He is expected to unleash this season with the new team
- Their main centrepiece Kawhi Leonard has departed the team and signed as a free agent with LA Clippers. It will be exciting to see how the Raptors perform without him. Interestingly, last season Raptors had a 17-5 record without him.
- They also lost Danny Green to Lakers. They have included Stanley Johnson and Rondae Hollis-Jefferson in the squad who will play a crucial role this season.
- Pascal Siakam and Lowry will be their main players. Siakam averaged almost 17 PPG and Lowry averaged 8.7 APG last season.
- Anunoby is a dark horse who has a scoring average of 0.8 per minute in 2019.
New Orleans Pelicans: Lonzo Ball, Jrue Holiday, JJ Redick, Brandon Ingram, Derrick Favors
Toronto Raptors: Kyle Lowry, Norman Powell, OG Anunoby, Pascal Siakam, Marc Gasol
Captain Choice: Siakam, Holiday
Match Prediction: A win for the Toronto Raptors
Match Tip: It will be a high scoring game. Raptors are favourites at home and should edge this out in the first match of the season.
Best Dream11 Combination (Small League):
Best Dream11 Combination (Medium League):
Note: DO NOT copy this team. This team is just a safe template. Make your own picks. You are responsible for your own decisions.
Follow me on Twitter at – @FantasyScout_11
Check out the Match Preview on my Youtube Channel here – Fantasy Scout11